This post is dedicated to my friend, Mrs. Meinberg. We have taught together for the past 5 years and she took a position at another district this year. During the time we have worked together, she has gotten married and changed her name, and has been one of the first people I’ve told both times I found out I was pregnant. Here are the top ten reasons that I will miss her.
10) I am not a morning person, but her sweet spirit made breakfast duty bearable.
9) She is both fun and funny, a great combination.
8) She is always willing to help out, sometimes even without being asked.
7) She has an amazingly positive attitude.
6) She cares about her students and advocates for them.
5) She doesn’t give up on her students.
4) She is kind and compassionate.
3) She is a great friend.
2) She is an awesome teacher, knowledgable and effective.
1) She is simply a wonderful person, and she will be missed.
I made this picture for her and gave it to her on one of the last days of school as a small token of teacher love and appreciation. Nothing new here, they are all over Pinterest, but it was the best I could come up with. 🙂 Good luck Mrs. Mienberg! Your new district is lucky to have you!
“The heartfelt counsel of a friend is as sweet as perfume and incense.”